How to obtain a health pass in case of vaccination abroad?
Publiée le 19/11/2021
Information proposée par Ministère des Solidarités et de la Santé
Since the 14th of March 2022, the vaccine pass has been lifted in metropolitan France, where only the health pass is maintained in health and medico-social establishments for people aged 12 years and 2 months or more. The vaccine pass remains in required in some overseas territories. A health proof is also required to travel to and from France.
The health pass consists of the presentation, via the application TousAntiCovid, in digital or paper format, of one of the three following proofs:
- a proof of vaccination (on the condition of having a complete vaccination scheme with a vaccine recognized by the European Medicines Agency or equivalent to these vaccines, including a proof of booster for people aged 18 years and 1 month or more)
- or a proof of a negative test
- or a proof of a positive test of at least 11 days and less than 4 months, also called a proof of recovery.
To allow non-European Union nationals visiting France to use their vaccination to access events and places where the pass is mandatory, it is possible to ask pharmacists to issue a vaccine equivalency health pass.
Who can apply for a vaccine equivalency pass?
To get a vaccine equivalency health pass, the following conditions need to be respected:
- Not having been vaccinated in one of the following countries: European Union member states, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Cape Verde, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Northern Macedonia, Moldavia, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, or the Vatican.
- Be at least 12 years old
- Having been vaccinated with a vaccination scheme that is recognized in France, as described below:
Important: Since the 15th of January 2022, people aged 18 years and 1 month or more and who completed their initial vaccination scheme more than 7 months ago will need to present a proof of a booster dose to be eligible to receive a vaccine equivalency health pass. This also applies for people who were vaccinated with the Janssen vaccine more than 2 month ago.
How can I get a vaccine equivalency pass?
To get a vaccine equivalency pass, the non-European Union nationals (except students enrolled in a higher education establishment of the French Republic who can apply for a health pass here) need to present the following documents:
- A passport
- The original vaccination certificate in paper format
These mandatory documents must include, in a legible way, the last name, first name, date of birth as well as the date of vaccination, the used vaccine, if possible, the batch number, the number of doses injected and the country of vaccination.
The vaccine equivalency pass is immediately issued in the pharmacy.
Where can I get a vaccine equivalency pass?
The vaccine equivalency pass is issued on the French territory, in pharmacies and is immediately delivered after the request is made. The pharmacies already offering this service are listed on the map.
How much does the procedure of getting a vaccine equivalency pass cost?
The procedure of getting a vaccine equivalency can be invoiced for an amount that cannot exceed 36 € (incl. VAT)
How to stock the vaccine equivalency pass?
The vaccine equivalency pass can be stored indefinitely in the app TousAntiCovid to be presented in places and events subject to the health pass. To do this, once the app downloaded, the QR code needs to be scanned with the app to import it in the app. It is also possible to take a picture of the vaccine equivalency pass issued by the pharmacist to keep a digital copy.
NEW - Evolution of the vaccination certificate for people who have received a single dose of vaccine due to Covid-19 infection
Since the 1st of February 2022 and in accordance with the evolution of the EU regulation, people who have received a single dose of vaccin due to Covid-19 infection and who have taken their booster dose can obtain a vaccination certificate with th mention “2/1”. This coding indicates that the booster dose has been done and that the certificate is valid for an unlimited period of time in France.
How to obtain a certificate of vaccination with the coding 2/1 and unlimited duration of validity?
Non-European Union nationals visiting France have to go to a pharmacy listed in the map below, provided they have a proof of their complete primo-vaccination schedule based on a single dose (due to a previous Covid-19 infection) and a proof of a booster dose. The procedure of getting a vaccine equivalency can be invoiced for an amount that cannot exceed 36 € (incl. VAT)
Ministère des Solidarités et de la Santé